For purposes of this Agreement, the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Organisation. “You” refers to you, as a user of our Service. By “Avatar”, we refer to your 3D representation inside the virtual rooms and areas (the “Space/s”) available within the Service. Avatars have an associated name or “Nickname” that is chosen by you.
INFORMATION WE MIGHT RECEIVE OR COLLECT:
- Unregistered users: as you might be aware, the Service can be used without the need to create an account/registering your email. If you do not register, we will only know the Nickname you choose for your Avatar during the time when you use the Service or, alternatively, we will assign a randomised Nickname – whatever the case, such Nickname will will not be associated to you after the end of the session in any way.
- Registered users: if you choose to register with a view to creating an Avatar that you can use regularly, we will need your email address in order to associate it to such an Avatar.
- Avatar appearance and Nickname: your Avatar and Nickname will be shared with other participants that share the same Space that you are in.
- Discord: if you join our Discord channel, we will be able to see your Discord nickname and the email address associated with your Discord account.
- Space Name, Space URL and in-Space activity: we store the name and the URL for any Space/s that you might create as well as collect generic data on some of the activities that you and other users engage with when in that Space – for instance, we sometimes need to understand the amount of assets uploaded into that Space.
- Voice and video streams: if the microphone and/or camera and/or share-screening functions are activated when using the Service, such data will be broadcast in the Space where your avatar is and will be accessible by other avatars visising the same space or to those who have access to a broadcast and/or stream of the activities that might be taking place in such a Space. We do not store the audio or any of the streams.
- Chat: if you send chat messages, we will share such data with the other users in the Space or whomever you send it to. We do not store chats nor we keep an archive of your or anyone’s chats.
- Other personal data: we reserve the right to process further personal information related to you and your activities where it is necessary for reasons of public interest or in relation to legal claims and/or safeguard the good functioning of the Service as well as with a view to protecting you and other users of the Service.
- Non-personal data: in order to deliver and improve the Service, we might resort to 3rd party solutions and conduct analysis with a view to, for instance, understand generic info and activities in relation to the Service, e.g. the preferred browsers of our users.
Should you be an European Union resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise such a right, please contact us by emailing us on staysafe (at) captic.io. Please note that your information might be transferred outside of the Europe Union, including Canada and the United States.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION:
Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches – however, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We have no intention to contact you directly for marketing purposes, though we reserve the right to use vrland.io’s landing page, our Discord channel or other channels to make important announcements.
LINKS AND INTEGRATIONS FROM THIRD PARTIES:
Our Service is strictly not available to minors. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from minors or allow anyone under the age of 18 to sign up for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at staysafe (at) captic.io.
Should you have any concerns, suggestions or requests in connection with the levels of privacy or safety offered by us please contact us via staysafe (at) captic.io.